Port Aransas, Texas Offers a Reasonably-Priced Beach Vacation during These Economic Times
Beachgate CondoSuites, the Ideal Location for Families
Many families in Texas (and beyond) enjoy vacationing in Port Aransas, as the island on the southeast part of the state offers a truly economical trip for families of any size. Historically, Port Aransas (called “Port A”) has been one of the state’s top beach destinations. Not as far south as South Padre, Port Aransas is approximately 4 hours from Austin so the distance is drive-able for most (which is appealing for many families).
The island offers quite a few options for family accommodations but an ideal location to park your family for a visit is at Beachgate CondoSuites. Located on the public access beach, the walk from front door to beach spot is just about 100 yards (close enough for a quick bathroom trip while on the beach).
You’ll find a lot of benefits to Beachgate for a family vacation. You can drive up, park your car, and not get back in until it’s time to leave (a huge plus for us families with young kids!). Beachgate condos have fully stocked kitchens and plenty of space to entertain.
I highly recommend Beachgate III, the most recently-renovated building on property. You have several options, depending on the size you need. You can reserve just one condo, which is 2 bedroom/2 bath, and can sleep up to 8 people (2 king beds, 2 futons and an air mattress). Also, you can reserve two condos on the same floor, which are adjoining, and you have 4 bedrooms/4 baths. This option is ideal for multiple families traveling together or a family reunion. There are 4 floors in Beachgate III (2 condos per floor).
The condos are very spacious, clean and the property tries to accommodate guest’s needs as much as possible. I recommend bringing all your food and drinks and feeding your family in your condo. That way, you have plenty of food, snacks and drinks to take down to the beach with you, as well.
When your troops get tired of the beach, you also have the option of swimming in the two Beachgate pools, which are great for young kids because they are fairly small and shallow. There are also hot tubs next to each pool. My kids enjoyed hanging out on the beach all day and finishing up the evening in the pool.
Highlights of Beachgate CondoSuites:
- Easy access to the beach (no boardwalk or dangerous streets to cross with kids)
- Large renovated condos with full kitchen, dining area, living area and 2 bedrooms with king bed in each. Each bedroom and living room has a flat-screen cable TV.
- The property offers an array of different sizes and styles of accommodations, from large condos to small suites.
- For those of us that work while on vacation, there’s high-speed wireless Internet in each condo.
A few important points to consider:
- The exterior is less appealing than the interior (I’d always rather have a nicer interior than exterior, if I had to choose). But do not be scared off by the photos on the website. Beachgate III is nicely renovated.
- Make sure and ask for items not found in the condo that you need, such as shampoo/soap, cleaning supplies, etc.
- In each of the Beachgate III condos, there’s one large bathroom and one smaller (for the kids).
- The Beachgate III condos have an exterior wood door with a bolt lock but the sliding glass doors off the patio do not lock (the office said none of them do but we got one of the two to lock). But if you are worried about this as a safety issue, ask for a condo/suite that is completely locked up. However, Port Aransas is a safe area, on the whole.
Beachgate CondoSuites & Resort
2000 On the Beach Dr., Port Aransas, TX 78373
Phone: 361 749 5900