Do you know a mom who deserves to be recognized and awarded for all that she does?
From traveling youth sports groups to reunions to summer vacations, Residence Inn by Marriott hosts families year round. To extend its appreciation of family travel and recognize moms for all that they do, the brand is launching Resident Mom Honors today via its Facebook page.
From now until October 15, everyone is invited to nominate a special mom or mother figure they know for a Resident Mom Honors award in 10 different categories. A grand prize winner in each category will receive a $500 Visa® gift card. (Nominators of the 10 grand prize winners will each receive a $100 Visa® gift card.)
The 10 Resident Mom Honors categories are:
1. MILITARY MOM: Moms who have served in the military, are currently serving, or are wives or mothers of military personnel
2. THE MAESTRO: Single moms who take the lead as the primary caregiver to raise their children
3. SPECIAL NEEDS SUPERSTAR: Moms of special needs children, or teachers or caretakers of special needs kids
4. CEO OF FAMILY AFFAIRS: Moms who work full-time in the home
5. HUMANITARI-MOM: Philanthropic moms who give back to their community or causes close to their heart
6. MOM-PRENEURS: Entrepreneurial moms who launched and/or run their own business
7. GOLD MEDAL MOM: Athletic moms or mothers who are committed to their own little budding athletes
8. THE JUGGLER: Working moms succeeding at the age-old challenge: balancing a career and their children
9. CAREGIVER MOM: Moms who have expanded the notion of "family," such as foster moms; moms caring for aging parents or other relatives in need; moms who are serving as legal guardians
10. OTHER: Is there a parent in your life who doesn't fit any of the above categories? What makes them special?
Nominators are asked to visit the Resident Mom Honors page, upload a photograph of the mom who they think deserves to win, and provide a brief summary of why the nominee is worthy of the award. Five finalists within each category will be selected, and the public will determine the grand prize winners by voting from October 25-31.